Thread: Franklin needs to go

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Franklin needs to go

Ryan Franklin is now 0-2 with 4 blown saves. I think its time LaRussa makes the change. Actually, I think its past the time. He had a terrible spring to go along with this terrible start to the season so LaRussa should have seen this coming. It looks like Mitchell Boggs will get the first crack at closing with Motte being the backup option to Boggs. This rattles the entire bullpen and the Cards are in trouble.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Franklin needs to go

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    It only took me til the first sentence to disagree with Neyer. These aren't just recent struggles. Franklin's struggles date back to late last year so this isn't just some knee jerk reaction. Eduardo Sanchez is the future closer in my opinion but don't want him rushed into the role.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You usually agree with Neyer or not on most things?
    I tend to agree on most of his stances, or have no opinion on them at all and go with the popular opinion.

This deal with Franklin, I don't know much about the situation. But once you think he is done as the closer, than most likely he is done as the closer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I rarely agree with Neyer on his stances but he is one of those that live and die by the stats. I used to read Neyer every Wednesday but last postseason he gave the Giants no chance and no credit and that really rubbed me wrong.

Franklin's been MEGA clutch for my fantasy team.

Oh, wait, no, fuck him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa indicated Tuesday that there would be a "role change" for Ryan Franklin.
    He didn't officially remove Franklin from the closer role, but said they will treat him like a hitter who is struggling. In other words, they will look for alternatives while he attempts to right himself. La Russa wouldn't say who would get the ball in a save situation, but Mitchell Boggs is the likely favorite.
    Fuck you Neyer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mitchell Boggs got the save last night in his first chance this season. Fuck you Neyer again