Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it while you can

ERA
    Call NASA
    WIN METHOD has as much to do with a player wanting to play for a specific team over other teams. When players are to become free agents, I interview almost everyone the YANKEES may be interested in. My findings and reccomendations are given only to Mr.S. Circumstances, events and health are issues that can determine a players ability. When those situations develop a player can perform subpar, but he is still a WIN METHOD pkayer. Jeter was a WIN METHOD player all through the first two months of last season and will always be a WIN METHOD player, unless something changes drastically.

How is ARod not a winner? Because he has a fat contract? Like no one in MLB would have signed that.

Jeter maybe more versatile because he can bunt his career vs Nelson is horrible. Was there a choice as to what to do? ARod is not paid to bunt.

We will see by season's end if ARod is not a winner.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    You need a chill pill man.

The Yanks will NOT make the playoffs this year. I'll root for them again if and when their payroll goes down significantly or the rest of the league begins to even out.
    Right... the Yankees won't make the playoffs... so what's the difference if they have the highest payroll in baseball? Wouldn't it stand to reason that the league has evened out with the Yankees, if they don't make the playoffs? I fail to see the logic.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    How is ARod not a winner? Because he has a fat contract? Like no one in MLB would have signed that.

Jeter maybe more versatile because he can bunt his career vs Nelson is horrible. Was there a choice as to what to do? ARod is not paid to bunt.

We will see by season's end if ARod is not a winner.
    The YANKEES have had players in the past who where not WIN METHOD players and the team won the WS. Arod signed for money. If Arod wanted to live his life in Texas, and that is where he wanted to play, and no where else, he may have been a WIN METHOD player for Texas. However he ONLY signed for the money. I ask you RLA, would you rather sign for 25M and never reach the playoffs, or sign for 15M and win several rings. The answer is big time crucial to being WIN METHOD. Arod then destroyed Texas, who immediately contended when they dumped him. Arod would have gone to the bosux. No way is that WIN METHOD. I told Mr.S. that I felt the reason we did not win the pennant and then the WS last year, was because of Arod.

4 game win streak baby

ERA
    Call NASA
    Have the YANKEE haters crawled to their rocks yet????????

AA ERA
    joek: Describe your experience with Mr. S. You have to be one of the luckiest human being to even encounter with Mr. S. Not many people can say they hung out with him unless you are a star or celebrity.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Have the YANKEE haters crawled to their rocks yet????????

Wow the Yankees beat the STRUGGLING A's and M's. big ****ing accomplishment.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Porter: Don't be a party pooper.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Steak: The Yanks fans (some of them) think its a huge occurence that they beat the A's and M's. Someone has to do it lol.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    It doesn't matter who we beat, we are starting to play well. When we were playing poorly we lost 3 of 4 to Tampa Bay so regardless of who we beat the fact that we are winning and pitching well is a great sign that we are turning the corner. We had only won 2 series this year before Oak(and one was a 2 game set) so the opponent is inconsequential. Any wins rght now are badly needed so we aren't throwing them back b/c it has been against the A's & M's.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The M's have lost 9 of 10 recently and have went from 1 game back and in 2nd to DEAD last. The M's havent hit well since last christmas it seems, and even then its was probably on playstation 2. It just tough to really gauge if this team is really back because they are playing well or the teams playing god awful baseball. The Yanks, i will admit, are playing better than before but the 2 teams they are playing recently couldnt beat AAA Tacoma.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    joek: Describe your experience with Mr. S. You have to be one of the luckiest human being to even encounter with Mr. S. Not many people can say they hung out with him unless you are a star or celebrity.
    I don't hang out with Mr.S. I work for him. I talk to players from many areas of the planet and then report my WIN METHOD interview recommendations to Mr.S. I have used his suite at the Stadium several times. I can go to any game anywhere as long as it is business related.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    With MLB falling prey to unbalanced schedule (when there was the 154 game, 8 team leagues, you played the othe 7 teams 22 times, 11 home and 11 away) it really doesn't matter who or when you beat the opposition. You just need to win enough games to get to the playoffs. That should be the goal for every teaam during the 162 game season. All teams will go thru ups and downs during the season. It is only over when you quit and give up and/or whine about the way things are going. The best, address their problems, correct them as best they can, don't whine, and in the end, WIN.

And by the way, Hammer, don't tell me which teams I can and cannot like.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast