Thread: King Felix For Cy Young!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mariners King Felix For Cy Young!!

After watching a bit of tonight's game against the Rangers, I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that King Felix is the best pitcher in the AL this season. Yes, his 12-11 record isn't sexy but his 2.35 ERA and 222 K's certainly is. He is straight up dealing for a horrible team with 27 quality starts but yet can only get 12 wins from it. He leads the league in QS by the way. Felix also leads the league in IP which is huge for me and combine that with his other numbers, he is the clear cut best pitcher in the AL. I think baseball writers are starting to become smarter and will not look at his W-L record but since he plays in a small market and a terrible team I am afraid he will be overlooked. I hope this isn't the case

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: King Felix For Cy Young!!

I read an article on Yahoo campaigning for King Felix earlier this week and initially thought nooooooooottttttt a chance. But his numbers, outside of the win/loss, are even better than last season and he was awesome in 2009. He will get overlooked just because Price and Sabathia are on teams fighting for the top spot in the AL, and could be 20 or more game winners. But if Hernandez wins, I think it's a good call by the voters.

I don't think the small market will be much of a factor, Greinke proved otherwise last season. Seattle is just awful and sadly Hernandez is stuck with one of the all-time worst offenses in the history of baseball. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd have 19-20 wins, at least, if he played for Minnesota or Tampa.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: King Felix For Cy Young!!

I compared this season for Felix to Zach Grienke of 2009 on Facebook a month ago.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)