Thread: 2009 Was So Last Year

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant 2009 Was So Last Year

Whether you joined us in 2009 or you have been with us for years, I wanted to take this time tonight to give you all a very special thanks for making Baseball Slant what it is today. 2009 was a big year for us in many ways, most notably we finally broke out on our own so that we were completely in charge of our future; we own and manage everything now. And one of those decisions that we made in regards to our future was our change from Strike 3 Forums to Baseball Slant. While this change hasn’t been fully realized yet, we plan to become the destination for you and other fans to come and share your slant on the game and ultimately deliver a fun and unique discussion unlike any other baseball community.

This April will mark our 5th Birthday, and some of us have known one another even longer than that. Players who were once the young guys of the leagues are now looked at as veterans. Hell, Andruw Jones hit 51 homeruns in our first year online (just to give you an idea of how long ago it was.) I mentioned to the other site admins that our core community would likely be posting when the bombs are falling from the sky. We truly appreciate how loyal many of you have been and it would not be a lie to say that during hard times, we have kept at it due to that reason alone.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a 1000 times (or somewhere in that neighborhood), our community defines us. It’s a unique makeup that you won’t find anywhere else. That runs deeper than graphics, features, and whether or not we are online. We would be nothing without it, without you. I could talk about the great things I hope we do with the site next season but I know you won’t come back for those, you’ll come back to discuss the next boneheaded GM move, to make fun of Dusty Baker batting yet another sub-.300 OBP leadoff hitter, and to talk about the next great prospect ready to make an impact in the big leagues very soon.

So here is to B/S enjoying a second decade with you! We hope everyone has had a very happy and very safe New Year’s tonight. And we hope you are as excited as we are for the 2010 season and our plans to make B/S even better this New Year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Was So Last Year-img324-71-jpg  
    Last edited by missionhockey21; 01-11-2010 at 11:55 PM.