Thread: Here come the prospects!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pirates Here come the prospects!!

The Pirates are expected to promote outfielder Alex Presley for the start of an interleague series against the Blue Jays next Tuesday.
    Presley, 25, is batting .330/.382/.498 with eight homers and 34 RBI over 306 plate appearances with Triple-A Indianapolis this season. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle plans to utilize him with the flexibility of the DH spot next week. Pedro Ciriaco is expected to be sent down to Triple-A in a corresponding roster move.

The Pirates are expected to call up infielder Chase d'Arnaud from Triple-A Indianapolis before Friday's game against the Red Sox.
    He will replace Josh Harrison on the active roster, who was sent down to the minors Thursday. d'Arnaud, 24, is batting .280/.347/.418 with four homers, 33 RBI and 17 stolen bases over 62 games at the Triple-A level this season. He was ranked as the organization's No. 10 prospect by Baseball America over the winter.
    I am really looking forward to see d'Arnaud in action. I have heard nothing but good things about him. Presley is someone I am just getting to read about this year but his numbers look impressive. He doesn't hit for power but he can hit for average and has speed. Presley and d'Arnaud could provide one hell of a running game along with Tabata and McCutchen. Could be a throwback to the '80's Cardinals. Looks like Cedeno's days are numbered. The Pirates are .500 and these moves could be a shot in the arm for the Bucs.

Rookie ERA

Re: Here come the prospects!!

Brad Lincoln was also called up likely to start for the struggling Charlie Morton, scheduled to miss a start. Lincoln is 26 and finally decided to figure out AAA hitting. We'll see if he can improve on his 6+ ERA.