Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snyder out for the season

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pirates Snyder out for the season

Chris Snyder will undergo surgery Friday on his lower back and could miss the rest of the season.
    Rough news, but not completely unexpected. Snyder has been experiencing back problems all season and will now have the situation cleaned up with a surgical procedure. The 32-year-old catcher was batting .271/.376/.396 in 119 plate appearances. Dusty Brown and Wyatt Toregas will continue sharing catching duties for Pittsburgh.
    Huge blow for the Pirates chances to reach .500 for the season and a nice trading chip lost. The Pirates now have pure shit playing behind the plate. Doumit is out til late July most likely so the Pirates will throw Dusty Brown who can barely catch the damn ball and Toregas who was hitting a whopping .034 at AAA. Sure it was only 11 games but goddamn! I feel bad for the Pirates who are actually getting good pitching and now have no one worthy to throw to.

Rookie ERA

Re: Snyder out for the season

.034? I thought you liked the below the mendoza types.

but yeah... The offense will become even shittier without Doumit or Snyder who were at least adequate/good offensively. Dusty Brown has been a total mess so far both at the plate and defensively.

There were some suggestions by fans that Sanchez be brought up. No reason to do that.

The Pirates werent going to make .500 this season with or without Snyder.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sabu88 View Post
    .034? I thought you liked the below the mendoza types.
    That's weird since I said the Pirates should cut those types and they did

Rookie ERA

yeah they did and they got your lover Brandon Wood in return. That turned out well.

So THATS your magical, less expensive player? Amazing!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Noooooooo, Wood can be cut too. I find it funny that the Pirates are just a game under .500, far exceeding any expectation you had, and you are still trying to give me shit. Nice try but its not working. The Pirates cut the losers and busts and are playing much better.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pirates acquired C Michael McKenry from the Red Sox for a player to be named later or cash.
    Pittsburgh needed a catcher desperately with Ryan Doumit potentially out until the end of July and Chris Snyder perhaps out for the season. McKenry, 26, has played in only six major league games. He hit .280 with a .370 OBP in 28 games this season for Triple-A Pawtucket and has a .268/.337/.425 line with 13 homers in 127 career Triple-A games.
    Anything is better than Brown and Toregas but it seems weird to me that the Red Sox didn't call him up when Salty and Tek were struggling so much.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Noooooooo, Wood can be cut too. I find it funny that the Pirates are just a game under .500, far exceeding any expectation you had, and you are still trying to give me shit. Nice try but its not working. The Pirates cut the losers and busts and are playing much better.
    The Pirates have a new coach. Once that luster wears off and some of the starting pitchers come back down to earth, it'll be same old Pirates.

You must not follow the Pirates. They always show a glimpse or two a season then tank. They always tank.

They've scored about 5 runs and have given up 20+ over the last four games since reaching .500. Seems about right.

Believe me, I don't want them to fail. I'm just not fooled. I'm not going to be suckered in to getting fooled. You seem to be fooled.

Wood, Paul, Diaz, Ciracio, etc. are still just as bad as Laroche, Milledge, and whoever else they trotted out last year. Junk for more expensive junk.

They're winning a tad more this season because of the pitching has done well so far. Do you really expect Jeff Karstens to have a 2.94 ERA all season? Charlie Morton 3.08? Kevin Correia 3.73? No. Nobody expected Charlie Morton's ERA to drop nearly 7 runs from last year either. It will find a medium.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm not fooled in the least bit, I see improvement because it's there and they're doing this without some key pieces. And please stop trying to say I don't follow the Pirates, I follow every team. Morton has drastically changed his mechanics which has attributed to his success, Correia has done it before and and Maholm has too. The Pirates have the pitching to keep them in ballgames. And the "junk" is less expensive, not more.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I'm not fooled in the least bit, I see improvement because it's there and they're doing this without some key pieces. And please stop trying to say I don't follow the Pirates, I follow every team.
    Well, apparently you don't follow them close enough, or else you wouldn't have told me to stop bitching about my team's ownership woes because they spent money in the offseason, only for you to finally open your eyes after it's been reported that they're now scrambling to make payroll every two weeks. As a fan of another cash-strapped team, I echo the Pirates fan's sentiments. I'm not going to be suckered in to getting fooled.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Where are you reading the Pirates are financially strapped for cash? Right before the draft, I was reading on how much money they had to spend on the draft and that they were trying to sign McCutchen to an extension so I would really love a source. And once again, you're wrong about what I said. I don't care about you bitching about the Dodgers financial woes IN THE DODGERs FORUM! When it pours into every fucking forum where it doesn't belong is where I have a problem. You can echo Pirates fans sentiments all day long, doesn't change the fact they have improved!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Just because I'm wrong to post in shit in other forums doesn't make your remark, "But yet they still spend money. It must be really fucking rough! " any less ignorant.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, I'm ignorant. You win. Still waiting on a link, mofo.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. You have nothing
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 06-13-2011 at 09:34 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't have any claims about the Pirates other than you seem to be gullible to promises made by teams to spend money, and I used what you said about the Dodgers as an example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast