• 1st

1 14.29%
  • 2nd

4 57.14%
  • 3rd

1 14.29%
  • 4th

1 14.29%

Thread: Where will the Athletics finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A's Where will the Athletics finish in 2011?

We know it's about pitching in Oakland, and in 2010, their youth did a great job, perhaps an unexpected job to most outside of their fan base. They seem to ooze pitching out of everywhere, and that might be a good thing considering the health questions regarding Andrew Bailey (nagging strain injury), Joey Devine (always injured), and Brandon McCarthy vying for that 5th spot in the rotation (could he pull a Colby Lewis and resurrect his career? Solid spring so far). But the question will always be, can they score and can they score enough? The outfield features solid but unspectacular players in David DeJesus and Coco Crisp, and the bat of Josh Willingham. They added Hideki Matsui to DH. And Conor Jackson is still around for depth. You still have to question the lineup, as the power is still lacking and Kouzmanoff struggles to make consistent contact. If the top four in the rotation prove to be no flukes, they can carry the team.

Right?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Where will the Athletics finish in 2011?

5th place baby!

MLB ERA

We've got a good team. Health is the key.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I got the A's winning this thing! I love their rotation and I really love the bullpen. They have depth at both which is key since the Rangers really don't. The defense should be much better with Crisp and DeJesus out there and of course they have one of the best SS's no one is talking about in Pennington. Willingham and Matsui are upgrades over last year so I think the A's can score enough to win the division. Pitching and defense is going to do it for the A's.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I'd love to say that the A's would be able to take the title, but as A'sDieHard said, health is the key. We're notorious for losing starters quickly and for long periods of time. We have great young pitchers as mentioned and some nice additions, but all our acquisitions will be for naught if we start losing people early. Management is also important...I'm pretty ok with Geren at the helm and trust Beane's moves (most of the time), but outside things like the upcoming Moneyball movie could serve a bit of a negative distraction to the front office. Definitely staying positive and hoping for the best though!

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The A's have too good of pitching to not finish in the top two of the division. I think they will probably finish in 2nd behind Texas and right in front of the Angels.

MLB ERA

We can't hit shit.

3rd place.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Neither can the Giants but we have the pitching just like you guys.