Thread: Sabathia back to the DL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sabathia back to the DL

David Phelps seems like a the favorite as a short term option. Derek Lowe was signed for the bullpen (or laughs).

Yankees manager Joe Girardi announced the move Saturday after the Yankees beat the Toronto Blue Jays 5-2, and several hours after Sabathia was spotted icing his elbow in the trainer's room at the Rogers Centre.
    According to Girardi, Sabathia first felt the stiffness after pitching a complete game against the Seattle Mariners on Aug. 3 at Yankee Stadium. A subsequent MRI came back clean, so Sabathia made his next start five days later in Detroit, but left after 6 1/3 innings and just 94 pitches.

New York Yankees put CC Sabathia on DL with injured elbow - ESPN New York
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sabathia back to the DL

i like phelps, i thought he shouldve taken over for garcia way back... even though he had become our best 7th inning guy. rapeppley is capable though to combine to get those 3 outs [and fat boy has been back, though ineffective thus far]. derek lowe is... yikes.

if its not phelps though, ive heard adam warren would be the guy to get the call from triple a.