Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

Joba Chamberlain (elbow) will make 75 throws from 45 feet Friday and will then progress to 60 feet on Monday.
    The goal is to get him stretched out to about 180 feet. Chamberlain is reportedly a few weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery from Tommy John surgery and is hoping to be back to 100 percent by mid-April.
    I didn't know where else to put this so I put it here. I sure hope dreams of Joba ever being a started are finally over. Having Joba ready for 5/6 of the season will be good for the Evil Empire.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

moved that here obviously reef, your post kinda spurred me on to realize that the yankees were officially in the offseason.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

Should be quite an adventurous off season as usual. Predictions on what might go down, Hammer?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

CJ Wilson should be tops on their wish list. Beltran should be on there too if they decide to decline Swisher's option.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

sabathia comes back for 6 years (or a 4 year extension essentially), at near the same price. swisher gets bought out, and they re-sign him... after they realize that pujols or tex cant get moved to right field after all these years [tex in case of fielder or pujols].

go heavy after wilson, come up empty, then make a panic trade... no panic trade includes montero or banuelos though... aka, no felix. however they do it, they need to get a number 2. im not real sure who they could look at, but betances [and other middling things] is good enough to land somebody good enough for the #2 spot. and maybe they try to bring back garcia, if he doesnt get a stupid offer elsewhere.

its a relatively weak fa class by my looking... so unless they wanna splurge on pujols or fielder, and try to get creative with positioning from there... i dont think they make a big splash again, and go into the season with a relatively similar team. martin/montero, tex, cano, jeter, arod... gardner, grandy, swish... cc, signing/trade, burnett, hughes, garcia/one of the kids [ eventually banuelos will be up this year, and so will betances if hes still on this team... probably after one of our usual 2-8 10 game slides where the entire new york baseball world panics, and we have to make moves]... mo, robby, soriano, logan, joba and some bum... cory wade or a kid, i guess.

just as many question marks as this year, essentially... only now its depending on montero, and in june, banuelos, to make a huge leap.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kemp and Kershaw WE SHOULD GET THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!111!!!ELEVENTYBILLION!!!!!! DOESN'T CASHMAN KNOW THEY WILL INSTANTLY BECOME FREE AGENTS WHEN THE DODGERS FAIL TO MAKE PAYROLL!!!!!!!!!!111

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

so im 2 for 2 though i didnt expect them to pick up swishers 10 mil option. of course i forgot nova in my rotation... which totally eliminates the need for garcia to come back. they like the japanese kid yu darvish more than wilson supposedly too.
    Last edited by Hammer; 11-01-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Rookie ERA

Glad they are keeping Swish, I know he hasn't been a big postseason help, but wasn't that AssRod's albatross a few seasons ago?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

a couple things ive read are saying the yanks are close to a 1 year deal with freddy garcia. dont mind it, never have too many options.

buster olney is saying its done, i guess hes legit enough.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Insurance never hurts

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

$5 million for Garcia. Also, Mo is having surgery on his vocal cords.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They signed Jayson Nix to a minor league deal. What a busy holiday for the Yankees

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Can they sign Laynce Nix? I've always wanted the Nixes to be on one team.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They are now saying the Garcia deal is worth $4 million.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast