Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

MLB ERA

Re: 2011 Yankees Offseason Ramblings

Please.. Please.. Please..

"The Yankees have inserted A.J. Burnett into the trade market at the Winter Meetings, The Post has learned. According to multiple teams, the Yankees have let it be known they will listen to offers for Burnett and are willing to pay $8 million of the $33 million Burnett is owed over the next two seasons. "We will listen on anybody,'' GM Brian Cashman said without getting specific. Even with the Yankees swallowing about a quarter of Burnett's contract, they haven't gotten a nibble. First, Burnett, who will be 35 in January, would still be owed $12.5 million this coming season and next. Secondly, Burnett hasn't pitched well (21-26) the past two seasons and has suffered a dip in velocity."
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Yankees have won the bid for Japanese shortstop Hiroyuki Nakajima.
    Jon Heyman reports that the winning bid was about $2 million. The Yankees now have a 30-day exclusive negotiating window to work out a contract. Nakajima, a 29-year-old shortstop, is a .302 career hitter in Japan and has surpassed at least 16 home runs and 15 stolen bases in each of the last four seasons. If a contract is agreed upon, he would fit as a utility player for now.
    Could be a very good pickup for the Yankees.

ERA
    Call NASA

Joba has been a disappointment. I thought he was going to be a superstar.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Welcome back, Jim

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Yankees agreed to a minor league deal with reliever Hideki Okajima, tweets David Waldstein of the New York Times. Earlier, Sports Hochi in Japan reported talks between the two parties were in the final stages and a deal could be reached shortly after the new year (as translated by NPB Tracker's Patrick Newman).

Okajima, 36, has a 3.11 ERA across 246 1/3 big league innings, all with the Red Sox from 2007-11. He spent most of 2011 at Triple-A, posting a 2.29 ERA, 8.5 K/9, 1.6 BB/9, and 0.53 HR/9 in 51 innings. As you'd expect, Okajima has been better against lefties in the Majors, with a 8.2 K/9, 2.7 BB/9, 0.67 HR/9, and 3.87 xFIP across 107 1/3 innings per FanGraphs.
    He crossed over to the dark side

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fantastic off season for the Empire. Stealing Okajima away should definitely weaken Boston's AAA team.

Hehe.

Dark side, or darker side? o_O

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Andruw Jones signed a one deal deal worth $2 million and $1.4 million in incentives. He will be used as a lefty killer once again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees did not work out a deal for Nakajima so they egt their posting fee back and Nakajima becomes a international free agent next season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fuckin' Empire.

Perhaps Pineda will have a sophomore slump.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just watch, some team will bail the Yankees out by trading for Burnett. Seems like teams are always bailing the Yankees out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

*cue Pittsburgh*

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I can see Burnett going to an NL team if yanks eat a chunk of that salary, if I'm a NL team missing one quality type pitcher to put me over the hump I pick him up if yanks take 60%+ of money, I mean he sucks in AL but the NL is a different story

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees are looking at Bill Hall! I can smell #28 already.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Yankees are in "serious discussions" with free agent Raul Ibanez.
    Not surprising, as Buster Olney of ESPN.com wrote Monday afternoon that the Yankees could sign Ibanez, Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui within the week. According to Rosenthal, Ibanez is willing to take less to play for the Yankees than he could make elsewhere. The 39-year-old batted .245/.289/.419 with 20 home runs and 84 RBI in 144 games last season for the Phillies. If signed, he would likely share at-bats with Andruw Jones from the DH spot.
    I am still surprised Damon won't drop his asking price more but it seems since that is the case, Ibanez makes the most sense. I know Matsui is the ex-Yankee but Ibanez is in much better shape than Matsui

Rookie ERA

While I hate the idea of seeing Ibanez launching at the Trop again, that would be a good addition for the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I am still surprised Damon won't drop his asking price more
    It seems that Damon is under the delusion that he is still a "power" guy according to his parting barb to the Rays when they signed Los over him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast