Thread: Deal of a Lifetime?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Deal of a Lifetime?

Due to the shape of my farm system and budget, I am entertaining moving 3 players. The catch is I am only willing to trade all 3 in a package. I'd like to move Hoyer, Pratt, and Tyson. I'm looking for in return all of the following:

2 SPs whose salaries are beneath 10,000,000 each and ratings are comparable. No one over 32. I'll also need a 1B replacement. Quality can vary depending on the rest of the package but salary must be below 10,000,000 as well. Young vet or ML ready spec preferred. The rest of the package must include 2 high 1sts or an equivalent set of 2 specs (Top 10), and 2 late 1sts or equivalent 5.0 specs. Tyson is worth those 5 pieces in my opinion.

I'll field offers for a few days.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Deal of a Lifetime?

So to summarize: 3 great 30ish year olds, with $44.5M salary for 2 SPs (under 32 and less than $10M), a 1B (under $10M), 2 high first rounders (or equivalent prospect), and 2 low first rounders.

Interesting thought. I wonder how many franchises COULD make this trade. SD for sure. NYY for sure. All others will have too much in payroll, or not enough prospects/picks. Philly and Anaheim might work, but at huge risk in taking on salary for wins.

Good luck!

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

NYY should make this move.

Might want to lower the price. I don't think you will get any offers.

MLB ERA

It'll certainly be tough for him to find offers with that price, but at the same time it's hard to argue that it's not a fair asking price.

I certainly have the pieces to fill that demand, but I'd like to weigh my options first to see if I'd want to pay that much.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I have found that if you are trading great players in their prime, you get the best return value by trading them separately. I think he can get the return he wants, and maybe more, but only in 3 separate deals.

And if he doesn't offload all 3, he's likely weakened his team, but is still in a financial shit hole. He's 25,000,000 over budget with no money for extensions or free agents.

I'm weighing an offer.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I do think it would be hard for a GM to get all 3 and afford them all given you are asking someone to take on a large amount of salary. It really limits your market to do that, not to mention the obvious fact that financially, you need to deal all 3 of them so you can resign anyone. Good luck, but i imagine Oriole is right that trading them separately probably helps to maximize value

MLB ERA

If you move them for what you want, spin a couple pieces and you could get 28 year old Bruce Banner to play 1b!
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes