Thread: Baker's season is done

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Baker's season is done

Per MLBTR.com
    The Twins have announced that right-hander Scott Baker will miss the 2012 season to undergo and recover from elbow surgery, MLB.com's Rhett Bollinger reports (Twitter links). The operation will repair Baker's flexor pronator tendon and rehab will take six months. Fortunately for Baker, his ulnar collateral ligament is fine.

Baker, 30, also dealt with elbow problems in 2010-11. The Twins shut him down during Spring Training and he left a minor league game after feeling discomfort last week, according to La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Baker pitched 134 2/3 innings last year, posting a 3.14 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9. The Twins have a $9.25MM club option for his services in 2013 under an extension signed before the 2009 season. They may face a difficult decision this fall, when they have to exercise the option or let Baker walk.
    Just another reason why the Twins will struggle this season. Looks like Baker could become a free agent next season but I could see the Twins re-signing him at much less than $9.25 million.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Baker's season is done

I was sad to know this was not a DUSTY baker thread lol

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

When Polad wants to win ballgames and championships he will spend money. With little pitching once again maybe he will figure it out!?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I'm broadcasting for the Charlotte Stone Crabs this year, the team he played against in the game he came out of, so I saw it first-hand. He didn't look right. Wasn't a particular pitch that did him in, but he only threw 11 of them, and every pitch he threw looked very uncomfortable. Good luck to him and hope he gets a speedy recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

It must be Dusty Baker's fault!!!!