Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Random Ramblings Thread

MLB ERA
    I've only seen him a couple of times in the past few months. So, messageboarding isn't normally one of the main topics of conversation. In short passing, I mentioned about the 3 new sites. He knew of the NFL one, but not the other two yet. We'll see what he does. *shrug*

AA ERA
    I guess I am not in patriot's mind the way he is on my mind.

I would figure he would love being here considering he is a poster favorite by everyone at this board. He is a legend here. He is the straw that stirs the drink. I am stunned that he does not talk about the message board. Most posters here have nothing but praise to him. I get a lot of talk from everyone about patriot and why he is not here anymore.

Most posters love to be on message board and talk about them, but I guess patriot is different.

MLB ERA
    He's just got a life outside the internet, that's my guess. :p

AA ERA
    I am getting tired of watching the movie promo of "Fever Pitch" with that skank Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Falloon. I have been seeing it on Twins games last week and it has gotten old. I hope that movie falls. I don't have to hear about some loser who is life is devoted to the Red Sox. It's a slap in the face for other sports fans that love their sports teams. I love MN sports teams, but it's not like my life is revovled around them unlike that character that is played by Jimmy Falloon whose life is revolved around the Red Sox.

I find this movie to be pretty insulting to other fanbases and etc.

MLB ERA
    I find Jimmy Falon pretty insulting to humanity. Who keeps cutting paychecks for this fuggin' bafoon. He's quite possibly the most talentless guy to ever grace the TV on the SNL cast, and that's saying a LOT considering the lack of talent they've had for the past 20 years.

I haven't seen a single promo for the movie and I'm glad, cuz I'd have to switch stations immediately. Blech.

AA ERA
    Jimmy Fallon looks like a loser. I thought he was as lousy as Drew Barrymore was in that movie. I hate to break it to Jimmy, but if people are dumb enough to watch that movie, it's mainly because of Drew and nothing else.

SNL has really been awful. It's not as funny as it used to be. I haven't watched it since 1992 and I doubt I will be watching ever again.

The promo for the movie has airing endlessly on television all week especially on MLB games. It's gotten old last Friday for me.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

I have watched EVERY SNL show since its premiere. Most of the time I tape them and watch later and FF through the crap that I don't wanna see. SNL is an institution. The original Not Ready for Primetime Players were of course the best. It has had some lean years. However, kinda like my favorite baseball team, I never give up and continue to watch no matter how bad it gets.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Thanks for responding on the ramblings, riverdunesrat.

SNL is not funny. There is no point wasting your time on watching a show that is not funny. You want to watch something with substance. SNL lacks that. Ever watch the traditional "Weekend Update"? It's not even funny anymore. It lost its luster when Chevy Chase, Dennis Miller, and Norm McDonald left.

Late night shows are simply not what it used to be. Letterman stinks. Leno is not funny. I have no idea why Conan is appealing to lot of people. He is not that funny.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Again, we agree to disagree. It all depends on what funny is to you. Do you like Benny Hill or Monty Python? I know lots of people do, but I don't think they are funny at all. Whatever floats your boat huh.....LOL
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

It amazing that how many people sticked together, and find a new board. Great job to everyone, especially Lynch. Nice to have some time now to be back on the basebakk forum talking baseball.

AA ERA
    Thanks for responding, Cubbie.

It's unfortunate what happened at the other board, but what's done is done. I have moved on like everyone. I am glad you found you way here, Cubbie. Lynch, mission, and ted did a very good job creating this board and they should be commended with their work along with BlueDamsel. I thank them for creating this board.

Now if only patriot started posting.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by aTrUeCUBsFaN
    It amazing that how many people sticked together, and find a new board. Great job to everyone, especially Lynch. Nice to have some time now to be back on the basebakk forum talking baseball.

I am glad to see ya here. I have been wondering what happened to ya!

Welcome home.

AA ERA
    Well Glen Taylor has spoken out about his team not making the playoffs. He talked about how Sammy and Latrell was a "failed experiment" to Timberwolves beat writer Brian Hamilton of the Pioneer Press.

Obviously, Glen has been very frustrated with what has happened this year and rightfully so. I am glad he vented. It shows that he cares as you can tell by him being at every Timberwolves games. This year hasn't been a good one with Sammy and Latrell whining about their contracts and they are still whining about it today. Then you had them losing to bad teams and had a huge slump in December and January. We lost a head coach. It just snowballed and it went downhill.

Was it a failed experiment? Yes and no. It was not a failed experiment because as Patrick Reusse said in his column today without those two, KG would not have signed his extension days before the season started last year and he might have been playing elsewhere this year. Plus those two brought leadership and they advance the Wolves to a another level last year. Unfortunately, it killed us this year. Those two felt like they were underappreciated this season as they wanted a raise yet were denied and they played like they were unhappy all year. Sammy and Latrell was whining about Flip's offense and etc.

It's time for those two to go. Latrell is outta here one way or another. Any shot of Latrell coming back was gone when Glen spoke out so McHale's wishful yet ridculous idea of bringing Spree back is out the window. Sammy is out of here too. Let's hope the Wolves can get some value for him. There is no way the organization bring him back now after what the owner said about him. There are also other guys need to go. It's time for Wally to move on. Wally has been a pro here and he was productive, but we need to get his contract out of here. The same goes with Troy.

I think Mark Madsen played his last game here which is very unfortunate since I love the guy. Mark could get better offers and he would be stupid to turn them down because that's the best he will ever get.

If you think this year is worse, next year could be real bad.

The buck stops with Glen Taylor now. He can go rip McHale and rip Sam and Latrell, but now the buck stops with him as Reusse suggested today in the paper. He needs to find not only the right coach, but right GM.

If Taylor wants my advice, my advice is to go hire Paul Silas as GM and coach. Either that or hire Tom Izzo.

Here is the article on Glen speaking out:
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/11378827.htm

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I doubt Izzo would leave Mich St. I would love to have Silas as the coach and Sund as the GM.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    So I see Hennepin County and the Twins are ready to talk about a new stadium as I read in the Pioneer Press yesterday. Gee where we have heard this before? You know what. Enough talk. I don't want to hear about promises, rumors, and etc. Find a way to get it done. Until then, I don't want to hear rumors, promises, or plans to talk.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/11397345.htm

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast