Thread: Players with surprising numbers, both good and bad

MLB ERA

MLB Players with surprising numbers, both good and bad

I have just been thinking about a couple of players this year that have really struggled quite a bit and also those players that have out performed their expectations. So, I was just wondering what players have either surprised you by their good or bad performances. For example some guys that have really surprised me with some awful numbers are Giancarlo Stanton who is only hitting .216 and for what was expected of him, only 14 HR's. Another guy that has struggled mightily and may have some lingering injuries is Andrew McCutchen. Only hitting .238 with 10 HR and only 28 RBI. Now a guy that has really taken me by surprise over his last few starts is Matt Shoemaker. After getting absolutely shelled last year and at parts also this year, he has posted a 2.09 ERA in his last 4 starts. Small sample size, sure. But still, not bad. Also, Will Myers has been playing extremely well as of late. On the season he has 16 HR and 45 RBI. He seems like a nice, solid piece there at 1B for the Padres. Anyways, who are some guys that have either impressed you or totally let you down? (I could have put the entire Yankees roster as players with bad numbers. Well.. besides Beltran)
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Players with surprising numbers, both good and bad

The Matt Joyce that the Angels thought they acquired is killing it a year later for the Pirates. They should have re-signed him to a minor league deal to see if last year was a fluke, anyway.