Thread: Magglio's Back *****es!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tigers Magglio's Back *****es!

The Tigers agreed to re-sign Magglio Ordonez to a one-year deal worth $10MM, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). Ordonez, a Scott Boras client, turned down two-year offers elsewhere, according to Heyman.

Before fracturing his right ankle last July, the 36-year-old batted .303/.378/.474 in 365 plate appearances. He'll likely return to right field for the Tigers, which will presumably push Ryan Raburn into competition with Brennan Boesch and Don Kelly for the team's everyday left field job.
    I am very surprised he got $10 million, very surprised. I know he had good numbers last year but his power is declining and he is coming off ankle surgery. I know I wouldn't have paid $10 million on the soon to be 37 year old, especially to play everyday RF.

Rookie ERA
    Wow! 10m?! Did not see that coming.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Magglio's Back *****es!

Ordonez's power really is inline with what he has shown over the past couple of years, then again he has a recent injury and age working against him. If though he stays healthy, he should produce respectable power and a very nice OBP. 10 million might be a bit high, given the risk, but it could also be a pretty good FA signing if the gamble pays off.

Plus the hair.