Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Z takes a walk....

Rookie ERA

Big Z takes a walk....

According to manager Mike Quade Carlos cleared out his locker and walked out on the Cubs after the game tonight in which he gave up 5 homers, talking retirement.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Z takes a walk....

Big Z needs to get the Hell out of baseball. Quitting crybaby.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Tonight is probably the last time you will see Zambrano in a Cubs uniform. He quit on the entire team today, and I don't see Ricketts and company letting this fly. If he changes his mind on the retirement, which would be my guess, I can see Hendry sending him home for the rest of the season and dealing him for crap this offseason, ala Bradley/Silva swap.

As far as I'm concerned, good fucking riddance. I hope he does retire. Saves us a ton of money. He hasn't been even close to worth his contract and my team has had to put up with so much shit ever since he signed it. What a joke of a ballplayer.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

he'll be in pinstripes next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Tonight is probably the last time you will see Zambrano in a Cubs uniform. He quit on the entire team today, and I don't see Ricketts and company letting this fly. If he changes his mind on the retirement, which would be my guess, I can see Hendry sending him home for the rest of the season and dealing him for crap this offseason, ala Bradley/Silva swap. As far as I'm concerned, good fucking riddance. I hope he does retire. Saves us a ton of money. He hasn't been even close to worth his contract and my team has had to put up with so much shit ever since he signed it. What a joke of a ballplayer.
    Co-signed.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    he'll be in pinstripes next year.
    Bronx? lol

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ha, dude needs to head on out and meet Tim in San Fran, have a smoke, and chill out.

MLB ERA

he wishes he had any idea what winning was like... only then would he realize no winner would want him
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Rookie ERA

Well, baseball is big on giving second chances whether the issues are self inflicted, mental, attitude or just plain being an out of control asshole. Some players are able to come back, grovel and be accepted, some never fully get pardoned and some just fade away into oblivion.

Rookie ERA

2nd Chances?

This would be his 4th.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    2nd Chances?

This would be his 4th.
    It was figurative, but has he ever actually walked out screaming retirement before?

According to what I just heard though he hasn't "officially" retired, but the Cubs have put him on the disqualified list and the union will appeal.

If he doesn't retire and leave the money on the table but the Cubs disown him anyway they are still n the hook for the guaranteed money.

Rookie ERA
    No, he hasn't threatened to retire like this before. But needless to say, this isn't his first outburst.

We already gave him a second chance after he whooped Barretts ass. And then he got his third chance when he tried he tried to do the same with DLee.

Obviously, they will still be on the hook for the money if he doesn't retire. But this is the last straw. The guy is a joke, and doesn't deserve to play for this team again.

Zambrano, the union, and you are ludicrous if you think he deserves another chance.

Rookie ERA

I never said I think he did or didn't deserve another chance, just stating that MLB is notorious for giving them more often than not. It is completely up to the Cubs and other teams whether he gets anymore. I don't think anyone would blame the Cubs for washing their hands of him, but that kind of money is a lot to think about just eating.

It does seem though that with his pattern and the fact that he has been ordered before to have anger management that perhaps this is more than just an idiot who's an inconsiderate hothead. It is just going to be up to the Cubs and MLB whether they care enough to find out if this is something that can be rectified or chalk it up to a lost cause and boot him for good.

I am sure that the Cubs and fans are MORE than tired of the shenanigans, I would think any organization would be especially since this has been going on for some time. It might just take a new team with a clean slate to see if he can get back any kind of ML clout. There have been more than a few players in history that have done some despicable things even more than sparing with teammates and throwing a locker room hissy fit but managed to go on with decent careers and even brush a bit of the tarnish off their reputations.

Rookie ERA
    Well put. I guess I just misread your tone earlier. Seemed like you were somewhat defending him which doesn't seem to be the case now.

If anger management didn't help him, then I don't think a fresh start elsewhere will stop him from letting his temper take over. It probably would calm him down for a half a year, but once he gets himself into another bad situation the true Zambrano will come out again.

Rookie ERA

No, just looking at it from a outside perspective, believe me if this were a Ray I’d be livid too, wanting to have him quartered and hung from the Sunshine Skyway.

It takes an outside or a new perspective to wonder if their isn’t an underlying issue like imbalance or even mental illness…….don’t laugh ……just because someone is an athlete doesn’t mean they can’t suffer from a bout of insanity. It is possible that he has been diagnosed with something other than being an ass (hence the anger management stint which is probably like rehab doesn‘t always fix it on the first round. but because of the good old “privacy” curtain it hasn’t been made public.

That’s going to be the next step…..the Cubs and fans are sick and tired (they have a right to be) and likely not in the mood to give a crap what his problem is….he’s a problem! It could take another team to see if they can fix the problem and like you say it could just be the same crap, different city.

Just a guess but it’s likely someone has already reached him and told him to hold that thought on retiring, take the hiatus and see what happens in a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast