Thread: Chipper Has Torn ACL?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves Chipper Has Torn ACL?

790 The Zone in Atlanta is reporting that Chipper Jones (knee) has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season.
    We're still awaiting confirmation from the team, but if true, not only would this be a tough blow for the Braves' playoff chances, it would be a very difficult injury to come back from at age 38. Stay tuned.
    What a tough blow for the Braves! The Braves are currently holding on to a 2.5 game lead in the East and Chipper has actually been hitting well since the ASG so this does hurt. Martin Prado will be back very soon so Infante can play third when he gets back but the Braves will miss Jones' leadership. Like the article says, this could be the end of Chipper's career.

Re: Chipper Has Torn ACL?

Damn. This is the same ACL he tore in '94, I think.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He's probably done for good now. I just don't see him coming back, knowing that Bobby Cox won't be there.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Man, this would be such a shame if that's how he goes out. Jones is a player I've always rooted for and his 2010 season started off shaky but as reef pointed out, he bounced back like a champ. His OPS since the ASG has been over .900 and his slugging percentage is over .500. The Braves were making this a race and it seemed like it was all lining up for him and Cox to have one last run.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

At least he hurt himself making a badass play at third. I could see worse ways of going down. Yeah, I'm talking to you Kendry Morales!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Chipper says he intends on playing in 2011. He is guaranteed $13 million for two more years

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

At that kind of money, I'd be going out there with crutches, in a wheelchair, whatever it takes.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I must say, Chipper Jones is a ****ing man!! As a person who has had ACL reconstruction surgery, I was ****ing impressed to see Chipper walking with no crutches yesterday, a day after having surgery. The day after I had surgery, it hurt like a mother ****er to walk to go piss and that was on crutches! He must either have some great pills or had a better doctor. I'm guessing it was both but it was still impressive to see.

MLB ERA

I wasn't allowed to walk without crutches for over 2 weeks. I had to use them to get around my house.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Chipper Jones (knee surgery) has been cleared to begin swinging a bat.
    Chipper underwent surgery on his ACL in early August and had a thought that the procedure might end his playing career. But rehab has been smooth to this point and he's even played golf a couple of times without feeling pain or discomfort in the joint. He's on track to be ready by spring.
    Not bad for the old man. Looks like the Braves will have Chipper to start the year. Can't wait to see him and Uggla in the same lineup.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

The Braves will really be a force next season if they can stay healthy.

*Barves
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic